Greetings from captivity! We’re all feeling very grateful to all our friends on the front lines as we try to make a difference at home. Keep Calm and Migrate On with us as we say goodbye to a hell of a tough month.
WHAT’S NEW WITH US
Tidal Migrations is thrilled to be awarded by AWS with our new status of Advanced Partner, which acknowledges our AWS technical capabilities, and we shared the joy on our last virtual team meeting. Next stop: AWS Migration Competency. Stay tuned!
Assessment Progress Tracking
We’re pretty pleased with the new ability to track assessment progress in your application portfolio. We hone in on a few specific metrics that have been proven to be key for migrating applications to the cloud or simply moving to modern application development.
To see this for yourself, click Progress from the left hand navigation menu.
If you’re looking to access our past webinars, they’re available on demand after you register. Topics include: ingesting your application portfolio, source code analysis and more.
- AWS launches initiative to accelerate COVID-19 diagnostics, research, and testing - if you’ve been a bit uneasy, AWS is flying in with a cape, making it easier for their customers in R&D to work on better diagnostics for faster, and even at-home, testing for this and future viruses. AWS is supporting these companies with the cloud space, power, and the tech support they need to give everyone a little peace of mind.
- Don’t call it a comeback: GAO reverts to old website after crash - LL Cool J gets an honourable mention after the US Government Accountability Office site resorted to an older version following a day-long outage at a managed services provider. Their first site redesign in 9 years might have to wait a little longer.
- PayPal migrating ‘key portions’ of its infrastructure to Google Cloud - the online payment giant is taking up residence in Google Cloud’s new Salt Lake City region, with a plan to retire more On-Prem infrastructure going forward. Seems like a good move for a company executing more than $700 billion in payment volume.
- Castles in the Cloud: How to Take Your Business Kingdom Off-Prem with Confidence - for your family member who still doesn’t really get what you do, Sean Blenkhorn explains moving Off-Prem with a medieval analogy to explain IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS. Might make for some interesting dinner chats!
- Moving to the cloud more costly than expected for many businesses - especially for larger companies! But Wasif Afghan, Head of Cloud and Platform at Capita’s Technology Solutions division in the UK has the news: the big benefits of the cloud come from the cloud-native technologies. Trust us, they’re worth it.
That’s all for March 2020. If you’ve had a good time with us this newsletter, let us know by sharing on social media (links below) and keep your friends up to date.
And in case you missed it, check out our February newsletter.
Stay strong and see you in April!