Microplastics in our bodies, billionaires buying social media—ever have the feeling we’re living in a sci-fi plot? Have a laugh, embrace the chaos, and let’s dive in!
WHAT’S NEW WITH US
NEW TIDAL CREW
Sometimes a handy antidote to chaos might just be a new career move. Give us a shout if one of these roles sounds like you:
AWS Cloud Migration Consultant - Migration & Modernization
Azure Cloud Migration Consultant - Migration & Modernization
Azure Cloud Architect - Migration & Modernization
Migration Hacker - Product Team
Migration Hacker - Partner Services Team
Speaking of our brilliant team, our awesome Migration Hacker Pranav Malaviya is celebrating a year with Tidal Migrations, and wrote up a great blog post detailing his year with us.
Many a cloud project realizes right at the last moment that there is a need to migrate DNS! Check out How to Migrate from BIND to AWS Route53 Safely in 3 Commands, it may be the key to cutting over on schedule.
Early Access Beta Program
How do you ensure your cloud transformation software platform works for you?
You help to shape it!
We’re introducing our Early Access Beta Program, where members have direct access to our product team. Share your suggestions and we’ll work to build your needs into the platform.
In return, you’ll get 12 months free access to the Tidal Migrations Platform, with dedicated support and recurring touch points with the team.
Participation is limited, so if this sounds valuable, please apply by sending a message to email@example.com
- Google Cloud launches BigLake, a new cross-platform data storage engine - Just as the weather warms up, Google hits us with their BigLake data storage engine, ready for enterprises to dive in and bring the magic of BigQuery to the data in their lakes, unifying data across lakes and warehouses so enterprises can easily analyze what they’ve got.
- NAB looks for new ways to measure its cloud migration - Looking for migration inspiration? Major Australian bank NAB is 5 years into their cloud journey with 60% of their applications migrated to Azure and AWS, but now measures progress differently. Do mature cloud operators think differently?
- Clipboard Health, which matches health workers with facilities, raises $80M - Finally some good news for humanity! CEO of the app Clipboard Health, Wei Deng, envisions a world where it’s easy to get urgent help to those who need it most, while fulfilling the needs of nurses themselves. Can you say win-win?
- Microsoft’s $15 billion cybersecurity business is giving investors new reason for optimism - With cybersecurity being very much top of mind right now, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella has got you covered. Their unexpectedly massive cybersecurity business gives Microsoft quite an edge in matters of the cloud. Is this precisely the question on your mind when considering transforming your business to the cloud?
- New Salesforce AI chief eyes a future with voice-driven coding - Remember that sci-fi movie we’re all living in? We weren’t kidding—Salesforce’s AI team, under the leadership of former Stanford professor Silvio Savarese, wants to make it possible to simply describe what you want and the AI will produce code based on what you’re looking for. I wonder if we’ll miss those keyboards?
That’s us for April, and if you’ve had a good time with us, let us know by sharing with the links below.
And if you missed us last month, catch up on our March Newsletter.
Bring on those May flowers!