Published: Aug 24th, 2021
Tidal Migrations empowers enterprises around the world to migrate their IT environments from legacy data centers to the cloud. We provide a platform and methodology that enables efficient, data driven migration assessment, planning, and execution.
Are you interested in helping organizations achieve great business value by migrating and modernizing technology to Azure? Are you a hands-on architect wanting to help customers accelerate innovation?
Tidal Migrations is looking for an experienced cloud architect to work with our partners and customers in reviewing their application and infrastructure portfolio and develop 6R application dispositioning and transition strategies. Success will require coordination and collaboration with colleagues, customers’ technical teams, and Tidal Migrations’ partners.
This is a hands-on cloud engineering role, with a focus on migrating clients workloads to the cloud. You will play a lead role on client facing project teams providing application assessments, transformation recommendations, detailed migration planning and execution.
While Tidal Migrations is a cloud agnostic provider, your initial focus will be migrating client workloads to Azure. Deep knowledge of Azure Migrate and Azure certifications are required.
- Provide technical leadership and hands-on support to the cloud transformation team tasked with migrating customer workloads to Azure.
- Own the solution design and architecture for application cloud transformation and or migration.
- Responsible for understanding existing application architectures and determining the go forward solution and environments within Azure cloud services.
- Provide expertise and direction on projects related to cloud architecture design, implementation and optimization.
- Develop cloud strategies, frameworks and reference architectures
- Guide customers to ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services following the principles of the Microsoft Azure Well-Architected Framework.
- Work with large scale customers and help remove roadblocks on their migration projects.
- Due to client requirements, you will need to be a resident of Canada and be able to achieve a Government of Canada Enhanced Reliability Security Clearance.
- Demonstrated experience in discovery, assessment, planning, and execution for migration to public clouds such as AWS and Azure.
- Experience architecting Azure Cloud security and monitoring tools.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, Active Directory, and Azure Cloud migrations tools and processes (Azure Migrate).
- Experience planning and executing large scale IT and business transformations to the cloud.
- Experience architecting, designing, migrating workloads to the public cloud.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix and/or Windows administration.
- Knowledge of, and comfort using, a variety of open source technologies.
- Knowledge of application architectures.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with cloud native architecture.
- Experience in automation/configuration management using Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform etc.
- Experience with source code management tools such as GitHub, GitLab, or equivalent
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Solid understanding of networking and core Internet Protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP and routing in distributed networks.
- A working understanding of code and script such as: PHP, Python, Bash and/or Ruby.
- A working understanding with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins or equivalent.
- A working understanding of scheduling and orchestration with tools such as kubernetes.
- Azure Cloud Solution Architect Certification required, AWS and GCP certifications a plus.
About Tidal Migrations
Tidal Migrations is a young, dynamic cloud-first company that is in a rapid growth phase. This is an opportunity to get in early and make your mark in an exciting fast paced environment. The only geographical requirement is that you must be a resident of Canada. You can enjoy the freedom of working remotely or work out of our downtown Toronto offices. We offer a fantastic team environment, health care benefits and all the tools you need to get the job done.
If this sounds good, we want to hear from you! Apply by email to: email@example.com
Make sure to include in your email:
- A resume
- Your compensation expectations.
Note: Unfortunately your application will not be considered if you do not include the above.