Published: Feb 16th, 2021
Tidal Migrations empowers enterprises around the world to migrate their IT environments from legacy data centers to the cloud. To help them, our team delivers a scalable and multi-tenant web application that helps them drive their cloud migration project. We work on building client side UI code, backend API driven features and CLI tools that all aid and simplify cloud migration initiatives. We take complex concepts and make them approachable for our client’s project teams, and we want you to join us!
As well as our tools, we support our Migration Partners with the expert migration services they may need to deliver transformative cloud migrations to their customers. This Migration Hacker role is for technologists who have experience and certification with AWS, Azure or Google Cloud and can support our partners end to end: From Discovery, to Execution.
As a young company, there are great opportunities for personal growth, to change roles and projects as both you and the business evolve.
Reporting into the Chief Migration Hacker, the Migration Hacker role encompasses several primary responsibilities:
- Project delivery
- Support and lead customer engagements at the Discovery, Assessment, Planning and Execution phases of cloud migration.
- Provide cloud architecture guidance and support
- Dreaming up new features that would help our mission to migrate customers to the cloud.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members on user support, features, design, and implementation.
- Architect, implement, and test features across our stack.
Developing software integrations for clients as a part of their migration executions.
- Conducting Migration Enablement Workshops with customer teams.
‘Must Have’ Requirements
- Strong communication skills to effectively work with software user and clients
- Pragmatic - we work with solution oriented people who deliver on their ideas.
- Minimum two years professional experience; experience deploying software in a production environment.
- Experience with software delivery practices (CI/CD) and cloud-native technologies (serverless framework, terraform)
- Experience writing software against SOAP, RESTful and GraphQL APIs
- Experience implementing and operating cloud services on AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- At least one certificate with AWS, Azure or GCP and a willingness to attain more.
‘Nice to Have’ Attributes
- Web development and design experience using HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of application security.
What We Offer
- Competitive salaries - you work hard, and we pay you for it
- Healthcare coverage
- The tools you need to get the job done, like that really specific keyboard set up that lets you create faster than Usain Bolt runs
About Tidal Migrations
Our mission is to empower organizations to transform their application portfolio and adopt cloud the right way. We achieve this with our award winning Tidal Migrations application assessment and transformation platform, which centers around our business-first approach and standardized framework for cloud migration. Tidal Migrations has Advanced Tier partnerships with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform. https://tidalmigrations.com
Our headquarters are located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. We are open to working with people remotely from any location.
If this sounds good, we want to hear from you! Apply by email to: email@example.com
Make sure to include in your email:
- A resume
- Links to code you’ve written or open source projects you’ve contributed to, and
- Your compensation expectations.
Note: Unfortunately your application will not be considered if you do not include the above.