Published: May 4th, 2020
Tidal Migrations empowers enterprises around the world to migrate their IT environments from legacy data centers to the cloud. To help them, our team delivers a scalable and multi-tenant web application that helps them drive their cloud migration project. We work on building client side UI code, backend API driven features and CLI tools that all aid and simplify cloud migration initiatives. We take complex concepts and make them approachable for our client’s project teams, and we want you to join us!
At Tidal Migrations our software developers are Migration Hackers. You will work on a specific project within our product that is critical to Tidal Migrations and our customers. As a young company, there are great opportunities for growth, to change roles and projects, as you and the business evolve.
We look for engineers and software developers that are versatile, with demonstrable leadership and enthusiasm to take on new problems across the entire software and infrastructure stack. As a member of a small and versatile team you will design, test, deploy and maintain software for our customers.
Reporting into the Chief Migration Hacker, the Migration Hacker role encompasses several primary responsibilities:
- Product delivery
- Implement software fixes and feature improvements.
- Dreaming up new features that would help our mission to migrate customers to the cloud.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members on user support, features, design, and implementation.
- Architect, implement, and test features across our stack.
- Developing software for clients as a part of their migration executions.
‘Must Have’ Requirements
- Strong communication skills to effectively work with software user and clients
- Detail oriented, architecturally strong, data focused software engineer.
- Pragmatic - we work with solution oriented people who deliver on their ideas.
- Detail oriented, architecturally strong, data focused software developer
- Minimum two years professional experience; experience deploying software in a production environment.
- Experience writing applications that interface with APIs
- Web development and design experience using HTML and CSS
‘Nice to Have’ Attributes
- Our tech stack is Docker, Terraform, Ruby, and ClojureScript. It would be nice if you have a familiarity or interest in learning all about these tools.
- Experience implementing and operating cloud services on AWS, Azure, or GCP.
- Knowledge of application security.
Our headquarters are located in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. We are open to working with people remotely from any location.
If this sounds good, we want to hear from you! Apply by email to: email@example.com
Make sure to include in your email:
- A resume
- Links to code you’ve written or open source projects you’ve contributed to, and
- Your compensation expectations.
Note: Unfortunately your application will not be considered if you do not include the above.