Published: Feb 18th, 2021
Tidal Migrations empowers enterprises around the world to migrate their IT environments from legacy datacenters to the cloud. To help them, our team delivers a scalable and multi-tenant web application that helps them drive their cloud migration project. We work on building client side UI code, backend API driven features and CLI tools that all aid and simplify cloud migration initiatives. We take complex tasks and data and make them approachable for our client’s project teams. And we want you to join us.
As a Migration Hacker, you will work within one of our teams, building our product that is critical to Tidal Migrations and our customers. There is the opportunity to change roles and projects as you and the business evolve and grow. We look for engineers that are versatile, are self-driven and enthusiastic to take on new problems across the entire software and infrastructure stack. As a member of a small and versatile team you will design, test, deploy and maintain software for our customers.
The Migration Hacker role encompasses several primary responsibilities:
- Product delivery
- Implement software fixes and feature improvements.
- Dreaming up new features that would help our mission to migrate customers to the cloud.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members on user support, features, design, and implementation.
- Architect, implement, and test features across our stack.
- Work to integrate data and workflow from other software, back-end services, APIs
‘Must Have’ Requirements
- Strong communication skills to effectively work with team members and software users
- Detail oriented, architecturally strong, data focused software engineer.
- Pragmatic - we want solution-people who deliver on their ideas.
- Minimum two year professional experience; experience deploying software in a production environment.
- Minimum 2 year experience writing software in Go or C.
- Minimum 2 year experience running software with containers, ie. docker.
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure, GCP.
‘Nice to Have’ Attributes
- Experience with Ruby
- Experience with system administration in large enterprises
- Experience implementing and operating cloud services on AWS, Azure, GCP
- Knowledge of traditional enterprise datacenter patterns and practices, security, networking, etc.
Remote ok. Looking for someone in North or South American timezones.
If this sounds good, we want to hear from you! Apply by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure to include in your email:
- A resume
- Links to code you’ve written or open source projects you’ve contributed to, and
- Your compensation expectations.
Note: Unfortunately your application will not be considered if you do not include the above.