Tidal Migrations empowers enterprises around the world to migrate their IT environments from legacy datacenters to the cloud. To help them, our team delivers a scalable and multi-tenant web application that helps them drive their cloud migration project. We work on building client-side UI code, backend API-driven features and CLI tools that all aid and simplify cloud migration initiatives. We take complex concepts and make them approachable for our client’s project teams. And we want you to join us.
As a Senior Migration Hacker, you will work on our core products that are critical to Tidal Migrations and our customers. You will be focused on determining and delivering our products’ direction, ensuring we’re developing products that solve for users’ needs and bring delight that are inline with our product vision and goals. There is the opportunity to change roles and focus as you and the business evolve and grow. We look for engineers that are versatile, are leaders and enthusiastic to take on new problems across the entire software and infrastructure stack. As a member of a small and versatile team you will design, test, deploy and maintain software for our customers.
Working as apart of our cross functional teams the Senior Migration Hacker role encompasses several primary responsibilities:
- Product delivery
- Implement software features and fixes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members on user support, features, design, and implementation.
- Architect, implement, and test features across our stack.
- Responsible for defining and maintaining the product roadmap for the Tidal Migrations Platform
- Maintain and prioritize product backlog and product issues to maximize impact on users
- Prototype features and software and define requirements based on the prototypes
- Use processes such as design sprints to identify requirements and targets
- Responsible for creating clear, concise and relatable messaging for the capabilities of the product, both internally and externally for the organization.
- Facilitate feedback and needs solicitation both across and outside the organization. Identify customers problems and needs, and develop and propose solutions that can be implemented
- Define and refine user personas to ensure we are always thinking about our users and their needs appropriately
‘Must Have’ Requirements
- Effective and strong communicator both verbally and written, able to communicate across all organizational levels
- Proven experience in writing software, ability to use technology to create solutions
- Ability to use metrics and data analysis to drive decision making
- Proven ability to identify, analyze and solve problems independently
- Excellent customer experience intuition, demonstrated success in creating innovative and user friendly products or solutions
- Professional experience in writing and deploying software in production environments with approximately 3+ years of experience
‘Nice to Have’ Attributes
- Experience with Enterprise IT organizational structures and processes
- Experience with AWS
- Web design or user-experience experience
What You Get
- Competitive salary - you work hard, and we pay you for it
- Enrollment in employee stock option plan
- GRSP matching
- 3 weeks vacation
- For US or Canadian based employees, excellent health benefits
- The tools or gear you need to get the job done
Our headquarters are located in Toronto, ON. We are looking for someone located in North America or South America.
About Tidal Migrations
Our mission is to empower organizations to transform their application portfolio and adopt cloud the right way. We achieve this with our Tidal Migrations application assessment and transformation platform, which centers around our business-first approach and standardized framework for cloud migration. Tidal Migrations has Advanced Tier partnerships with Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform.
If this sounds good, we want to hear from you!
Apply by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Make sure to include in your email:
- Your resume
- Brief introduction why you think the role would be a good fit
- Any relevant work you’ve done that you’d like to share; code on GitHub, a portfolio site, other relevant projects etc.